Jim Nadeau has been working in the real estate industry for over 35 years, providing brokerage services and land use consultation. In addition to being a Realtor, Jim is a Professional Land Surveyor and holds three National Flood Insurance Program designations: Certified Floodplain Manager, Certified Floodplain Surveyor, and Associate in National Flood Insurance. His experience in diverse fields has allowed him to provide comprehensive and unique service to homeowners, as well as mortgage, insurance, land use, and design consultants. In 2012, Jim became an instructor with The Real Estate Learning Group, and in 2014 founded the educational organization, Beyond the Boundary, to guide licensees through the complex and often misunderstood land surveying and floodplain management processes that can impact real estate transactions. Jim works with both buyers and sellers, and has a genuine desire to help his clients understand the benefits and risks associated with their properties.
Interesting Facts About Jim
- Jim is from Biddeford, Maine and has lived in Portland for almost 30 years.
- He is a Veteran of the United States Air Force and was a Morse Code Operator.
- He has a B.S. in Organizational Leadership and an A.S. in Business Administration.
- Jim owns and manages rental properties with his wife Karen and son Cooper.
- He coached many youth teams in basketball, baseball, and soccer.
- Jim developed a passion for teaching after becoming an Instructor with the Real Estate Learning Group in 2012
- Jim is the Owner and Instructor at Beyond the Boundary, an educational organization.
As an instructor, Jim has presented over 70 learning events since 2012, to local, as well as, national audiences, with many accredited by state agencies. He has been awarded the Basic Instructor Certificate by the Emergency Management Institute and Bronze Certification for Training Evaluation by the Kirkpatrick Partners. Jim currently serves as Chair of the State of Maine Board of Licensure for Professional Land Surveyors, is a co-chair to the Federal Emergency Management Agency Sub-committee of the External Affairs Committee on the behalf of the National Society of Professional Land Surveyors, and is a delegate on the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying. Jim also serves as the Survey Member on the Technical Mapping Advisory Council, a federal advisory committee.
For a comprehensive list of courses Jim has instructed, please visit www.beyondtheboundary.org.